Position Release Technique
This technique is ideal for individuals with fibromyalgia or those that have tissues which are too hypersensitive to be treated with ischemic compression or even variable compression.
- First follow steps 1-5 as outlined in "Steps in Basic FENIX Therapeutic
Pressure Application" in the Basic FENIX
- With a FENIX therapeutic digit, gently apply very mild pressure against the
tender point of the involved tissue, causing only minor discomfort.
- With mild pressure on the tender point to monitor the tissue, slowly bring
the origin and insertion (or ends) of the muscle closer together, shortening the
involved tissue, until a position of ease is found that lessens the discomfort
by about 75 percent.
- With very mild pressure on the tender point you hold this position of ease
for 1-1 1/2 minutes, and then slowly return the tissue to normal length.
- Then apply greater pressure to the tender point to test it with the FENIX therapeutic digit. There should be a subsequent reduction in pain and a release of hypertonicity of the tissue.
- With a FENIX therapeutic digit, gently apply very mild pressure against the tender point of the involved tissue, causing only minor discomfort.